regarding the distribution of information by community groups to schools
through students can be found in the LEISD Board Policy.
communications department staff reviews and approves all eflyers. If you
have questions regarding the approval or denial of the flyer, please
contact 972.947.9340 ext. 10401 or
by email at email@example.com.
According to Little Elm ISD policy GKDA (Local), only communication sponsored by the district or a
district-affiliated/school-support organization shall be permitted for distribution and circulation
on district premises.
All communication material must be pre-approved by and distributed
through Little Elm ISD’s Communications and Community Relations Office.
This policy pertains to all forms of communication, including but not limited to: flyers; posters;
handbills; photographs; pictures; yard signs; electronic marquees; coupons; films; tapes; other
written materials; other printed materials; other visual materials; other auditory materials; and
all social media platforms.
Organizations that fall under one of the following seven categories can distribute material
through the district, once they receive the required approval (Fees may apply. See Little Elm ISD
1. Little Elm ISD organizations affiliates, including:
a. Parent Teacher Associations & Parent Teacher Student Organizations
b. Little Elm ISD Education Foundation
c. Booster Clubs of LEISD
d. Campus parent clubs, such as “Watch D.O.G.S.”
2. Town of Little Elm, LEAYSA
3. Little Elm Chambers of Commerce
4. University/College academic partnerships (approved by the Curriculum Dept.)
5. Entities under contractual agreements with the district
6. Non-profit, enrichment programs for school-age children (i.e. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and etc.)
7. Organizations working in coordination with schools for events that raise money for the
campuses (i.e. Spirit Night events).
The approval process upholds all guidelines dictated in the Little Elm ISD policy GKDA (Local). All
organizations must seek approval from the Communications and Community Relations Office
for distribution of their material; nevertheless, the requests will only be granted if they meet
one of the guidelines listed above.
Little Elm ISD’s Communications and Community Relations Office
maintains the right to deny any distribution request at any time, including requests from
organizations that meet the outlined guidelines.
The following materials will NOT be approved for distribution:
• Information pertaining to a specified portion of the district population such as
religious groups, political groups, special interest groups, etc.
• Information from non-profit organizations pertaining to fundraisers that do not directly
benefit Little Elm ISD
• Material that is obscene, vulgar or inappropriate for children
• Material that promotes activities, goods, or services related to alcohol, tobacco, drugs,
firearms or weapons
• Material that advocates violence, illegal, or dangerous activities
• Material that contains defamatory statements
• Hate literature
• Material that would interfere with school activities or the rights of others
• Information from for-profit organizations or information representing
*Information from for-profit organizations or information representing corporate/business
interests will only be approved for distribution as part of an approved advertising/marketing
contract with the District.