Elementary Summer School
SUMMER SCHOOL PARENT INFORMATION MEETINGHackberry Elementary CafeteriaThursday, June 1st @ 6PM*Last Day of STAAR Camp for 5th & 8th grades is June 21, 2017*Monday - Thursday7:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.June 5th - June 21stSTAAR Camp7:25 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.June 5th- June 27thPre-K and Kinder Bilingual/ESL7:25 a.m. - 12:25p.m.June 5th- June 22ndthK-5 Traditional Summer SchoolHackberry Elementary7200 Snug Harbor Circle, Frisco, TX, 75034
STAAR Camp:The purpose of the STAAR Academy is to provide an intensive, targeted intervention for fifth grade students needing to take the third administration of the STAAR Math and/or STAAR Reading test. The five-hour model focuses on best practices in math and reading intervention. Whole group and small group instruction, along with individual intervention, will take place daily. Ongoing assessment will provide continuous monitoring of student success.Pre-K-Kinder Bilingual/ESL:This program will serve students who are currently enrolled in pre-kindergarten and who meet criteria to be served through a bilingual or ESL program.K-5 Traditional Summer School:The purpose of the K-5 summer school is to provide an opportunity for those students that did not meet the passing standards during the school year. Only students that have been identified by district policy as likely not to be promoted to the next grade level are eligible for this program. The five-house model focuses on accelerated instruction using best practices.
- Be mindful of the registration deadlines on the Summer School Registration Forms.
- Students must attend summer school for 90 percent of days.
- Elementary Grade Recovery students that have more than three unexcused absences will be removed from the summer school program.
- Location of Elementary Summer School is at Hackberry Elementary (7200 Snug Harbor Circle, Frisco, TX 75034)
- Car Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the back driveway of the building by the gym. Car Riders should not enter through the main entrance of the school.
- Bus Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the front driveway by the cafeteria.
- Summer School hours are 7:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m. for K-5 grade recovery and 5th grade STAAR Camp.
- Please be aware of the 2 mile PAY-to-Ride program for summer school. If a student resides less than 2 miles from the school, there is a $25.00 one time fee for the summer session. The fee must be paid in person here at our office prior to the student riding the bus. Students are not eligible for transportation until payment has been made.
Dates & Times
June 5, 2017---7:25am-12:25pm
First Day of STAAR CampFirst Day of Grades K-5th Credit Recovery ClassesJune 5, 2017---7:25am-3:25pmFirst Day of Pre-K and Kinder Bilingual/ESL Classes
June 21, 2017
Last Day of STAAR Camp
June 22, 2017Last Day of K-5th Credit Recovery Classes
June 27, 2017
Last Day of Pre-K and Kinder Bilingual/ESL Classes