LEISD Counseling Department
Little Elm ISD Counselors Listen to Elevate each student.
LEISD Counselors encourage and support each student in academic success, social and emotional health, and college and career readiness within a safe, respectful, and responsible environment.
School Counselors in Little Elm ISD believe:
- All students learn best when positive relationships are present and fostered by educational stakeholders
- All students, regardless of ability, age, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation, shall have equal access to all services (academic, career and social/emotional) provided by the counseling program and the school
- All students are worthy and should be treated with respect
- School counselors provide valuable resources to be used in collaboration with educational stakeholders to increase equity and access to opportunity
- School counselors use data to assess needs, plan interventions and evaluate their effectiveness for students
- School counselors must advocate for every student
- The school counseling program collaborates with educational stakeholders to increase equity and access to opportunity
- The school counseling program focuses on student learning and utilizes a data driven comprehensive school counseling program to meet students' developmental needs
- The school counseling program is preventative with a growth mindset