- Enter a requisition in ASCENDER
- In the location marked "Order For" enter who the purchase is for. Examples: band teacher, art teacher, front office, etc.
- In the location marked "Reason" enter the reason for the purchase. Examples: band instruments for students, art supplies for students, office supplies for front office.
- In the location marked “Reference Order” enter the quote/proposal/estimate number
- In the location marked “Catalog Nbr.” enter the item/isbn number per item/line.
- In the location marked “Description” enter a detailed description of everything that is being ordered per line. If more space is needed, feel free to use the location marked “Long Description” as well.
Example (supplies): If you want to order a pair of scissors, a stapler & highlighters; you will need to enter 3 separate lines in ASCENDER as follows:
Item Number: 305406 Description: Fiskars 8” Titanium Softgrip Scissors Unit Price: $3.37
Item Number: 655324 Description: Swingline 747 Stapler, Black Unit Price: $12.17
Item Number: 696102 Description: Sharpie Gel, Assorted, Pack of 4 Unit Price: $5.46
Example (travel): If you are being reimbursed for food/hotel/airfare; you will need to enter in the location marked “Description” the name of the event, dates & location as follows:
John Smith to attend TASBO Annual Conference in Austin on February 23rd through 26th, 2022.
*For auditing purposes, each line item, quantity and price will need to be entered as they show on the vendor's quote. Entering one line with the word “supplies” will NOT work.
*Documentation shall be attached to requisitions (Open POs are the exception). The documentation attached to each requisition should reflect and confirm what your requisition is for and what is being purchased (i.e. quotes, membership dues/fee information, travel information, new furniture request form, contract documents/internal routing slip, etc.).