The School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is an advisory group comprised of individuals who represent different segments of the community. The Little Elm ISD SHAC is made up of parents, community members, Little Elm Police and Fire Department representatives, and District employees. Our SHAC meets at least seven times per school year. SHAC members must be approved by the Board of Trustees and comply with written by-laws. The SHAC works with the District to ensure optimal health and academic achievement for students.
The SHAC has a variety of roles addressing all components of a coordinated school health program. The components include:
- Nutrition Services
- Health Services
- Healthy & Safe School Environment
- Counseling & Mental Health Services
- Staff Wellness & Promotion
- Parent & Community Involvement
- Physical Education
- Health Education
How can you help??
- Work with your campus PTA and principal to promote health lifestyles for our children
- Become aware of the District's efforts to create a healthy learning environment for our children
- Join the District SHAC