Travel Expenses - Airfare
- Get a quote or estimated price for airfare.
- Enter a requisition in ASCENDER to the approved vendor that needs to be paid (not Capital One). The approved vendor selected should have "CC" on the end. Example: "American Airlines-CC"
- In the location marked "Order For" enter who the travel purchase is for
- In the lcoation marked "Reason" enter the reason for the purchase
- In the location marked “Bid Nbr.” enter: Travel - Airfare
- In the location marked “Description” or “Long Description” enter a detailed description of purpose.
- Attach documentation.
- Once the PO is approved, contact Accounts Payable to make sure that a Credit Card is available.
- Provide the approved PO when signing out a credit card.
- When signing the Credit Card back in, bring the receipt that will need to be signed by your campus principal/administrator.
- Have an approved PO beforehand.
- Personal credit cards are for emergency use only, which will need prior approval by an Assistant Superintendent.
- An approved purchase order before the trip is an assurance that the airfare will be paid by LEISD.
- Airline tickets should not be purchased through any ticket agency or online prior to receiving an approved purchase order from Business Services.
- The District will only reimburse for coach class fare.
- If a signed receipt is not submitted, the employee will need to reimburse the District.
- Consider all options before choosing the method of transportation to an event. Factor in all expenses necessary when deciding whether to fly.