• A state exemption affidavit should be on file for any student who:

    • is delaying vaccines so much so that he/she is not up-to-date with the requirements.
    • is avoiding all vaccines.
    • is avoiding some vaccines, but up-to-date on others.
    • is delaying some vaccines, but up-to-date on others

    A note from the child's doctor does NOT meet the requirement for the above scenarios.

    If a student with an exemption is transferring schools, the original affidavit should always be transferred with the student's records. The previous school may keep a copy for their own records, but cannot keep the original.

    Texas Health and Human Services Immunization Exemption Information

Getting Vaccinated

  • A student's regular medical home is the best option for getting vaccinated. You may also visit quick-care clinics and pharmacies, but some may only vaccinate adolescents.

    If a student has no medical home, and meets at least one eligibility requirement below, he/she may be vaccinated at Denton County Public Health clinics.

    • Enrolled in Medicaid for CHIP
    • Is uninsured
    • Is an American Indian or Alaskan Native
    • Has private health insurance but coverage does not include vaccines

    Visit for hours, locations, and what to bring.

    Note: all children must present a complete record to be vaccinated at Denton County Public Health clinics.