Research shows a positive relationship exists between school conditions and student achievement and behavior. Well-designed, well-kept facilities send a powerful message to kids about the importance a community places on education. Students and staff thrive in an orderly, clean, and safe environment. Classrooms that are well ventilated, suitably lighted, and properly maintained actually facilitate learning.
- No open flames at any time / No candles
- No plug-in air fresheners or potpourri
- No daisy chain of cords or surge protectors
- All exits from the room must be kept clear for egress.
- All door exits from room must be free of combustible, non-fireproofed material.
- Hallways & classrooms must maintain an 80% paper free environment to maintain the fire resistant integrity of the area.
- If your area does not have a fire sprinkling system, nothing may be within 24" of the ceiling, or if you have a fire sprinkler system, 18".
- No items hanging from the ceiling.
- No storage in restroom
- Curtains must be fire retardant.
- Quick flash fire hazards cannot be stored or maintained in the school; e.g. wood huts, live cut Christmas trees, hay bales.