Amanda BallDirector for Professional Learning & Advanced Academics
972.947.9340 ext. 10604
firstname.lastname@example.orgKarla FigueroaAdministrative Assistant
972.947.9340 ext. 10714
COMMON QUESTIONS about Exchange HoursWhat Exchange Hours can I expect to earn as an Athletic Coach?
What if I submitted a credit request and it was denied?
- Each year Coaches come together prior to Fall Kick Off for role specific training. For the 2022-2023 school year, six hours of this Coaches Professional Learning qualifies for Exchange. This credit has been awarded as appropriate.
- In addition, Coach Young is facilitating a year-long book study with all Coaches. Active participation in all portions of this book study in Canvas can result in 12 hours of Exchange for the 2022-2023 school year. This credit will be awarded at the end of April.
- Typically, credit requests for Exchange Hours are denied because the learning did not take place during off contract hours. Meaning, the participant attended the training during the workday or on a district professional learning day. Exchange Hours must be earned during off-contract hours (summer, weekends, evenings).
- Also, please follow the step by step instructions when entering the credit hours and dates/times for the learning. If a request is submitted and approved with "0" in the Exchange Hour category, the learner will receive 0 hours for that request. And don't forget to upload that certificate!
How do I know if I need to earn Exchange Hours?
- This is based on the employee's calendar. You can find your calendar on the Human Resources webpage.
- If you are required to earn Exchange Hours and your official start date was October 17th, 2022 or AFTER, you will only be required to earn 12 hours for the 2022-2023 school year.
- If your official start date was November 28th, 2022 or AFTER, you will NOT be required to earn Exchange Hours for the 2022-2023 school year.
What do I do if I need help? We are always happy to help! If you cannot find your answer in the resources provided here, please call or email.
Professional Learning Belief
In order to accomplish our mission to Engage, Equip and Empower each student to realize thier full potential, we must provide quality Professional Learning opportunities for every LEISD FamiLE member so they can do the same. We see it as our duty to build capacity in staff as instructional leaders and become the Destination District for teachers, administrators, specialists, administrative assistants, support staff, and students.