Attendance Zoning Process for New Middle Schools
Little Elm ISD will establish attendance zones to accommodate the District's two new middle schools, Strike Middle School and Walker Middle School, with the help of a zoning committee. The District's new middle schools are part of the 2017 Bond package voters approved in November. Both middle schools are scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
Timeline of Zoning Activities
- Report plan of action to Little Elm ISD Board of Trustees
- Zoning website goes live after Board meeting
- Social media promotion of website, process, and timeline
- Zoning committee application goes live
- Determine members of middle school attendance zoning committee and establish meeting dates, times, and locations
- Committee meeting #1 - October 9, 2018 (Zellars Center for Learning & Leadership)
- Committee meeting #2 (if needed) - October 11, 2018 (Zellars Center for Learning & Leadership)
- Community meeting #1 - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 (Lakeside Middle School, 6:00 p.m.)
- Community meeting #2 - Thursday, November 8, 2018 (Prestwick STEM Academy, 6:00 p.m.)
- Present committee recommendations to Board of Trustees at the Board meeting on Monday, November 26. 6:30 p.m.