Phone: 972-947-9455 x 44500


Degrees and Certifications:

BS Interdisciplinary Studies- University of North Texas Certified Academic Language Therapist Licensed Dyslexia Therapist ESL Certified GT Trained

Ms. Jamie Donohoo- Dyslexia Therapist

Welcome to Oak Point Elementary!! I have been teaching for 23 years, 20 of them being in Little Elm.  I currently live in Little Elm with my 20 year old son, 22 year old daughter and my little Yorkie, Sabie.  My oldest daughter is 24 and lives in Charleston, SC with her husband.   I am excited about starting the school year.   Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions you might have about dyslexia, scheduling, or diagnostic testing.  It's going to be a stellar year!!

About my program

The word "Dyslexia" can be broken down to mean "trouble with words" (Vail, 1990).  While 80% of the population learns to read, write, and spell with little to no problems in the regular classroom setting, the other 20% struggles and needs intensive intervention. In LEISD's Alphabetic Phonics program, dyslexic students are immersed in a structured, multisensory system of teaching the functions of writing, spelling, reading, reading comprehension, and oral/written expression with central emphasis on the alphabet and phonics (Cox, 1992).