Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jane Loomis
It is no secret that I love this Little Elm community and want to leave a positive and lasting impact on our community by assisting our children find pathways to their own success. After 11 years of service to the federal government as a caseworker and 4 years as an Immigration paralegal, I shifted my career to follow my dream of becoming a high school teacher. This is my 2nd year of teaching at Little Elm High School as an English I/Honors English I teacher! At LEHS I am also the Assistant Coach for Fall and Spring Tennis. Outside of school, my real love is Coaching Swimming! I have been coaching swimming as a developmental and "Learn-to-swim" Coach for over 18 years with SwimAmerica, TAAF and USA Swimming.
- Born in Portland, Oregon, and lived in San Jose until we moved to Grapevine at the end of my Kindergarten Year. I graduated from Grapevine High School (but went to Northwest High School my freshman year of high school).
- The summer after my 8th-grade year I was an exchange student to The Netherlands and Germany and swam on an International Swim Team. I also did studies abroad twice in College.
- Oldest of 6 kids.
- My Favorite swimming events in high school were - 100 Butterfly, 200 IM, 200 freestyle, and relays!
- Texas A&M University is where I met my husband and received my Bachelor's degree in International Studies. My favorite subjects were German, History, Social Studies, and English.
- I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 cat!
- I love all types of music... but Tool, Metallia, and alternative bands of the 90's will always have a special place in my heart.
- I learned to paint murals on my own.
- I love to read.
- I love to hear people's stories of what makes them unique and special.
- I love problem-solving!
- I love to travel - I have been to 9 foreign countries (Mexico, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, UK) and 32 states + Washington DC (9X)
- I love weightlifting, swimming and Crossfit.
- And finally, you will always find a gallon of UNSWEET tea in my fridge!
My Class Schedule is as follows:
(Before school tutorials only due to Tennis Coaching obligations)
- 1st- English I
- 2nd- English I
- 3rd- English I
- 4th- Conference
- 5A- Honors English I (A Lunch)
- 5B: Honors English I (A Lunch)
A Lunch: 11:05-11:35 am
B Lunch: 11:35-12:05 pm
C Lunch: 12:05-12:35 pm
D Lunch: 12:35-1:05 pm
6th- Honors English I
7th- Tennis Coaching Period