Mrs. Jennifer Tincher, Dyslexia

Phone: 972.947.9451, ext. 40501

Email:

Degrees and Certifications:

Mrs. Jennifer Tincher, Dyslexia

Welcome to Brent Elementary! I began teaching in 2000 and came to Brent in 2014. All of my years of teaching have been in Little Elm ISD! I teach Dyslexia and support reading instruction. When I am not at school, I enjoy spending time with my family, being outside, reading and watching sports. I have a wonderful husband, 2 beautiful kiddos (Jacob and Katie) and 3 pets. I look forward to working with your child to make this a great school year!

 

About my program

The word "Dyslexia" can be broken down to mean "trouble with words" (Vail, 1990). While 80% of the population learns to read, write, and spell with little to no problems in the regular classroom setting, the other 20% struggles and needs intensive intervention. In LEISD's Alphabetic Phonics program, dyslexic students are immersed in a structured, multisensory system of teaching the functions of writing, spelling, reading, reading comprehension, and oral/written expression with central emphasis on the alphabet and phonics (Cox, 1992).