Phone: 972-947-9443 x24109
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Kinesiology/Minor in Biology M.Ed. Masters in Education ATC - Nationally Board Certified Athletic Trainer LAT - Texas Licensed Athletic Trainer by the Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation Student Athletic Trainers & Parents: For the LE Sports Medicine Dept. Sports You Code please contact me via email.
Mrs. Laws Kidwell-Cox - Sports Medicine/ Athletic Training
I go by "Coach Cox". I'm the Head Athletic Trainer for Little Elm ISD and have been here since 2006. I teach Sports Medicine and Athletic Training courses offered here at LEHS. I graduated from the University of North Texas with my Bachelor's in Science and a my minor in Biology. I received my Master's in Education from UT Tyler. I hold a Texas Teaching Certificate, Texas License in Athletic Training (LAT), and I'm a Nationally Board Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) through the NATA Board of Certification. I've been working in the secondary school setting since 2000 and have experience at a variety of 4A & 5A high schools prior to coming to Little Elm. My previous high school experiences as an Athletic Trainer/Instructor include Pine Tree High School, Nederland High School, and Waxahachie High School.
My husband and I met in 2007 and we happily nurture our furbabies: a stray Black Kitty (Vinyl) that adopted us in 2013, and a shelter adoption Tortoiseshell Kitten in 2020 (Covi). In 2021 we adopted an elderly Long Haired Chihuahua (Baby Sister) from my mother. I enjoy music, playing pool, darts, drawing, painting, and I'm fond of art in all mediums. My husband and I take pleasure in traveling and appreciate new cultures; and we love "binge watching" shows when have time together.
Current Class Schedule:
- JV/V Cross Country/Volleyball/Girl's Basketball; Cheerleading; & Wrestling -Athletic Training Course
- Freshmen Girl's Volleyball/Basketball -Athletic Training Course
- Sports Medicine 2 Course (HS & Multipurpose Athletic Training Facilities are Closed)
- *Conference Period* (HS & Multipurpose Athletic Training Facilities are Closed)
- HS & Multipurpose Athletic Training Facilities are Closed 5th periods. A Block: Sports Medicine Administration Period: Parent contacts, LESMD program organization, Injury Follow ups. B Block: Dual Credit Courses (Room 1225)
- Sports Medicine 1 Course (Room 1225 or in the HS Athletic Training Facility) Freshmen Boy's Football/Basketball; JV Men's & Women's Soccer; JV Baseball & Softball; Track -Athletic Training Course
- Freshmen Boy's Football/Basketball; JV/V Football/Men's Basketball; Varsity Men's & Women's Soccer; Varsity Baseball; Varsity Softball; Tennis; & Golf -Athletic Training Course
Athletic Injury Treatment/Evaluation Times are by Appointment Only -Sign up via QR code located in the:
- Athletic Hallway
- Locker Rooms
- Athletic Website under RESOURCES Click Health, Safety, & Sports Medicine
- Outside the Athletic Training Facility
- 2022 AT Facility Appt Flyer HS
- URL: www.tinyurl.com/LE-Injury-
- Or, contact us by email for the appointment code: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Treatment Appointment times:
- Morning/Before School: 6:05am - 7:10am or during 1st/2nd period (only if the athlete has late arrival on their schedule)
- Afternoon/After School: 3pm - 5pm (Afternoons vary depending on Sports that are In Season)
- For BOTH Middle School Injury Evaluation times : Middle School Treatment Policies
- 2022 AT Facility Appt Flyer MS
Class Tutorial Times:
- Tuesday & Thursday Afternoons 3:00-3:30pm
LINKS & RESOURCES BELOW:
High School Injury & Treatment Information
Access to athletic injury treatment and evaluation protocols for the high school.
Walker MS Injury & Treatment Information
Access to athletic injury treatment and evaluation protocols for Walker MS.
Strike MS Injury & Treatment Information
Access to athletic injury treatment and evaluation protocols for Strike MS.
LEHS Athletic Website
Can access schedules, required online athletic forms, health & safety protocols, and weather policies via the LEHS athletic website.