Elementary Summer School
*Last Day of STAAR Camp for 5th & 8th grades is June 20, 2017*Monday - Thursday7:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.June 7th - June 27thSTAAR Camp7:25 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.June 4th- June 27thPre-K and Kinder Bilingual/ESL7:25 a.m. - 12:25p.m.June 4th- June 21stK-5 Traditional Summer SchoolLakeview Elementary1800 Waterside DrLittle Elm, TX 75068
STAAR Camp:The purpose of the STAAR Academy is to provide an intensive, targeted intervention for fifth grade students needing to take the third administration of the STAAR Math and/or STAAR Reading test. The five-hour model focuses on best practices in math and reading intervention. Whole group and small group instruction, along with individual intervention, will take place daily. Ongoing assessment will provide continuous monitoring of student success.Pre-K-Kinder Bilingual/ESL:This program will serve students who are currently enrolled in pre-kindergarten and who meet criteria to be served through a bilingual or ESL program.K-5 Traditional Summer School:The purpose of the K-5 summer school is to provide an opportunity for those students that did not meet the passing standards during the school year. Only students that have been identified by district policy as likely not to be promoted to the next grade level are eligible for this program. The five-house model focuses on accelerated instruction using best practices.
- Be mindful of the registration deadlines on the Summer School Registration Forms.
- Students must attend summer school for 90 percent of days.
- Elementary Grade Recovery students that have more than three unexcused absences will be removed from the summer school program.
- Location of Elementary Summer School is at Lakeview Elementary
- Car Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the back driveway of the building by the gym. Car Riders should not enter through the main entrance of the school.
- Bus Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the front driveway by the cafeteria.
- Summer School hours are 7:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m. for K-5 grade recovery and 5th grade STAAR Camp.
Dates & Times
June 4, 2018
June 7, 2018
- First Day of PreK & Kinder Bilingual/ESL
- First Day of Grades K-5th Credit Recovery Classes
June 21, 2018
- First Day of STAAR Camp
June 27, 2018
- Last Day of K-5th Credit Recovery Classes
- Last Day of STAAR Camp
- Last Day of Pre-K & Kinder Bilingual/ESL Classes
Registration for traditional summer school and STAAR Camp will take place at the campus level. Registration for PreK & Kinder Bilingual/ESL will be sent to eligible registrants by campus administration in late April.
Pre-K & Kinder Bilingual/ESL Registration deadline is May 11th Click here to Register for PreK & Kinder Bilingual/ESL.