Elementary Summer School
Transportation Information:If your student is riding the bus make sure they are at their designated bus stopfive minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time. If your student is attending Pre-K,Kinder, or 1st grade classes they will need to have someone waiting at the bus stopor the student will be returned to the campus. Above is the bus routes and times.Monday - Thursday7:25 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.June 10th - June 24thSTAAR Camp*Last Day of STAAR Camp for 5th is June 24, 2019*5th Grade Math STAAR: June 25th5th Grade Reading STAAR: June 26th7:25 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.June 3rd- June 26thPre-K and Kinder Bilingual/ESL7:25 a.m. - 12:00p.m.June 3rd- June 20thK-5 Traditional Summer SchoolLakeview Elementary1800 Waterside DrLittle Elm, TX 75068
STAAR Camp:The purpose of the STAAR Academy is to provide an intensive, targeted intervention for fifth grade students needing to take the third administration of the STAAR Math and/or STAAR Reading test. The five-hour model focuses on best practices in math and reading intervention. Whole group and small group instruction, along with individual intervention that will take place daily. Ongoing assessment will provide continuous monitoring of student success.Pre-K-Kinder Bilingual/ESL:This program will serve students who are currently enrolled in pre-kindergarten or kindergarten and who meet criteria to be served through a bilingual or ESL program.K-5 Traditional Summer School:The purpose of the K-5 summer school is to provide an opportunity for those students that did not meet the passing standards during the school year. Only students that have been identified by district policy as likely not to be promoted to the next grade level are eligible for this program. The five-hour model focuses on accelerated instruction using best practices.
- Be mindful of the registration deadlines on the Summer School Registration Forms.
- Students must attend summer school for 90 percent of days.
- Elementary Grade Recovery students that have more than three unexcused absences will be removed from the summer school program.
- Location of Elementary Summer School is at Lakeview Elementary
- Car Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the front driveway of the building by the cafeteria. Car Riders should enter through the main entrance of the school.
- Bus Riders entrance and exit for summer school is in the back driveway by the gym.
- Summer School hours are 7:25 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for K-5 grade recovery and 5th grade STAAR Camp.
Dates & Times
June 3, 2019
June 10, 2019
- First Day of PreK & Kinder Bilingual/ESL
- First Day of Grades K-5th Credit Recovery Classes
June 20, 2019
- First Day of STAAR Camp
June 26, 2019
- Last Day of K-5th Credit Recovery Classes
- Last Day of STAAR Camp
- Last Day of Pre-K & Kinder Bilingual/ESL Classes
Registration for traditional summer school and STAAR Camp will take place at the campus level. Registration for PreK & Kinder Bilingual/ESL will be sent to eligible registrants by campus administration in late April.
Pre-K & Kinder Bilingual/ESL Registration deadline is May 15th Click here to complete the Pre-K/Kinder ESL or Bilingual application.