Student Laptop Program at Little Elm ISD
For the 2020-2021 school year, all LEISD students will have regular access to a laptop computer.
Students in grades PreK through 3rd grade will use laptops and devices that are kept in the classroom. Procedures will be in place for students to take devices home in the event that learning moves to an online, remote environment
Students in grades 4-12 will be issued a laptop for use in in-person and at-home learning. Devices are expected to be brought to school fully charged every day.
Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, the Device Protection Plan fee will no longer be collected.
For Summer 2020, students should keep their LEISD laptop and watch for information about returning it for the upcoming school year.
LEISD Laptop Program for 2020-2021
For our digital learners, technology devices are like any other school supply.
- Being prepared for class means bringing your device to school each day and having it fully charged.
- Students are expected to take care of their device, protecting it from intentional damage. It is not suggested that students lend their device to another student.
- Students are expected to keep track of all components throughout the school year. Students will be responsible for returning them at the end of the year.
By providing a device to students, we want to level the playing field and give each of them a chance to explore new learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage our students to be innovative and think creatively. Our Student Laptop Program:
- helps prepare students of today for the world of tomorrow
- creates conditions for future success by helping students become the types of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students becomes creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by college and employers
- provides equal access to technology in and out of the classroom