Identify and monitor the major variables which generate district revenue
The major revenue drivers for the District are taxable assessed values, tax rate, state funding legislation (state funding template), and student enrollment. The District monitors these variables during the year for fluctuations or unexpected changes impacting funding levels.
The success of the following five strategies is critical to the financial success of the District:
- Maintain a strong and forward planning fund balance policy
- Establish financial systems and processes built on timing, transparency, and accountability
- Identify and monitor the major variables which generate district revenue
- Identify, monitor, and control major appropriations
- Develop and monitor a forecasting model built on fiscally conservative budgeting methodology