Identify, monitor, and control major appropriations
The District’s cost containment process identifies, monitors, and controls the appropriations of all budget categories. This includes payroll, contracted services, supplies, travel and other operating costs, debt services, capital outlay, and any other transfer of funds.
The success of the following five strategies is critical to the financial success of the District:
- Maintain a strong and forward planning fund balance policy
- Establish financial systems and processes built on timing, transparency, and accountability
- Identify and monitor the major variables which generate district revenue
- Identify, monitor, and control major appropriations
- Develop and monitor a forecasting model built on fiscally conservative budgeting methodology