Off Campus PE Program
The following is a list of basic requirements that has been established by the Little Elm Independent School District and the Texas Education Agency. These requirements must be met and maintained to be eligible for participation in the program.
1. The purpose of the program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop high level capabilities and to allow them to be involved in an off campus program that provides training exceeding that offered in the school district.
2. Off-Campus physical activity programs will be approved for only those students who have been strongly recommended by qualified instructors.
3. Only those students in grades six (6) through twelve (12) will be eligible for consideration for the off-campus program. No students in elementary school will be considered for the off-campus program.
4. Students applying for Off-Campus Physical Education will be considered under two (2) categories.
CATEGORY ONE: These programs involve a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per week of highly intense, professionally supervised training. Students qualifying at this level may be dismissed from school one period per day for such participation.
CATEGORY TWO: These programs are to be of high quality, well supervised by appropriately trained instructors, and consisting of a minimum of five (5) hours per week. Students certified to participate at this level MAY NOT be dismissed from any part of the regular school day.
Please Note: High School students participating in either category may receive a maximum of one half credit per semester.
5. The student must participate a minimum of four (4) days during the week (Monday through Friday) plus an additional day that may fall on either the weekend or during the week. All such participation must always be under the direct supervision of the instructor.
Application should be completed by student's parent/guardian. After completion, application should be signed by parent/guardian and off-campus instructor agreement should be completed and signed by instructor.
- Get Laserfisch application link from counselor.
- After the application is reviewed, a confirmation letter to parents will be sent out. A report will be sent to all counselors listing all approved Off-Campus PE students. At that time the counselors will put Off-Campus PE on the student’s schedule.
- Off-campus physical education will not appear on student's schedule until approval from Curriculum and Learning Services.
- Parents and students need to confirm that Off-Campus PE is on the student’s schedule at the beginning of each semester and the student is receiving a grade for each six weeks.
- Off-Campus PE will not show up on schedules for students enrolled in Category 2. The grade will be posted to the student's transcript at the end of each semester enrolled. If you have any questions, please check with your school counselor.
- A new Off-Campus PE application must be submitted each school year.
Get in touch
Doug Sevier, Director of Zellars Early Childhood Learning Center & Curriculum
Address | 300 Lobo Lane, Little Elm, TX 75068
Phone | (972) 947-9445