Student Device Program
All LEISD students will have regular access to an assigned device.
Students in grades PreK have iPads available in the classroom. Kindergarten through 5th grade will use Chromebooks that are kept in the classroom in carts. Procedures will be in place for students to take devices home at the campus or teacher's discretion.
Students in grades 6-12 are issued a Chromebook for use in classroom learning. Devices are expected to be brought to school fully charged every day.
In care of the devices, students will be expected to abide by the Student Device Responsible Use Handbook (English) (Español, Responsible Use Policy, Student Handbook and Code of Conduct.
Student expectations for use of devices:
- Students are expected to be a good Digital Citizen and promote responsible use of digital tools.
- Being prepared for class means bringing your device to school each day and having it fully charged.
- Students are expected to take care of their device, protecting it from accidental damage to the best of their ability. Intentional damage is considered vandalism, and violations will be dealt with according to guidelines provided in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Students are expected to keep track of the assigned device and charger throughout the school year. Students will be responsible for returning them at the end of the year in good working condition.
- Students are expected to keep food and beverages away from the device.
- Students are expected to NOT place non-approved decorations (stickers, markings, etc) on the device.
- Students are expected to notify the teacher or school administrator as soon as possible in the event of damage, theft or loss.
DEVICE DAMAGE OR LOSS
You can view the procedures regarding device damage or loss in the Student Device Responsibility Use Handbook.
By providing a device to students, we want to provide all students an opportunity to utilize digital learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage our students to be innovative and think creatively. Our Student Device Program:
- helps prepare students of today for the world of tomorrow
- creates conditions for future success by helping students become the types of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students becomes creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by college and employers
- provides equal access to technology in and out of the classroom